Tuesday, September 14, 2010

More Amadeus Observations

* After seeing the show 8 times, the orchestra is still laughing at the jokes.

* The schedule is just as difficult as I thought it would be. My hand hasn't been a problem, but I am not used to sitting still for that long! Not sure how you prepare for that. Andy, our principal cellist, suggested perhaps taking a job as a bus driver in the off season.

* Several people in the orchestra have plotted to swipe some Nipples of Venus candy off the stage. Sadly, most are inedible props.

* One of my favorite parts is during the Abduction from the Seraglio scene. Mozart is conducting by jumping up and down and back and forth while waving his arms in circles. THAT is some serious energy coming from a conductor!

* I predict the phrases "Ta very much" and "There it is" will be a part of our collective vocabulary for a very long time.

No comments: