Monday, August 2, 2010

Amadeus

One of the events I'm most looking forward to next season is the KSO's collaboration with The Clarence Brown Theatre. We kick off the season together with a run of Amadeus. I don't have a whole lot of details on the show yet, but I can tell you two things: the musicians will be on stage and we will not be wearing wigs. I asked about the wigs. I really love stage props. I carried a fake moustache and kazoo around in my viola case for several years after a Young Person's Concert just waiting for another opportunity to use them. I'm a little bit disappointed that we won't be in costume, but it is still going to be an unforgettable production. Without exception it is the event that every single musician mentioned when I asked what people were anticipating about this upcoming season.

Tickets for Amadeus went on sale today. The show will run from September 8th through September 19th. More information can be found on the KSO website.

No comments: