Friday, October 3, 2014

Pops Quiz...

Welcome to a rainy Friday afternoon!

In honor of tonight's Sounds of Simon and Garfunkel Pops concert, I would like to invite you to play a game I call “Obscure Lyrics Quest.” Since we've already received the music for this concert, we have an inside track on which songs are going to be played. Rather than just tell you the songs, (where's the sport in that?) I will write down lines from some of these songs, and you will, after attending the concert, match the line with the song that was performed. I may change it up a bit and write down a line from a song that is NOT being performed. (I'm tricky that way). Also keep in mind that songs of both Simon and Garfunkel as solo acts are being performed. And NO FAIR GOOGLING!!! Pretend it's 1970. So! Here goes...

1) “They say in the darkest night, there's a light beyond.”

2) “I was so hard to please.”

3) “Dogs in the moonlight”

4) “I only kiss your shadow, I cannot feel your hand.”

5) “The old men lost in their overcoats, waiting for the sunset.”

6) “You better get your bags and flee.”

7) “Why don't you show your face and bend my mind?”

8) “Gazing from my window to the streets below”

9) “I can snatch a little purity.”


10) “And the moon rose over an open field.”

11) "I'll play the game and pretend."

Here is a pertinent clip of a favorite memory of (2nd cast) Saturday Night Live. I'm SOOO glad I could find it! It's a classic-- and I find it amazing that they could do it with straight faces.

No comments: